By Elder James L. Groce
• Why did God create the universe? Psalm 19:1 – “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.”
• Why does God have a people? Isaiah 43:7 – “Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.”
• Why does God allow troubles in our life? Psalm 50:15 – “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”
God wants us to SEE His glory … SO … we can REFLECT it to the rest of the world. We are to be like the MOON. The moon doesn’t have any light of its own … it REFLECTS the light of the sun. We are to be “Son-Reflectors” … and reflect the glory of God that He displays for us in everything He does. To paraphrase 2 Cor. 3:18 – “that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like Him, and reflect His glory even more.”
• 1 Chron. 16:24 – “Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvelous works among all nations.”
• Romans 11:36 – “For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.”
• Rev. 4:11 – “Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.”
Everything happens … everybody exists … everything was created … to give glory to God! Including YOU! We think that the world ought to revolve around us. Do you really want that … IF it’s all ABOUT you … THEN … it’s all UP TO you!
Paul had something to say about this in 1 Cor. 3:7 – “So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.” When any of us start to get the big-head … get “too big for our britches” we need to turn to 1 Cor. 1:31 – “He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.”
Any SUCCESS you have, has been given to you by God, to bring GLORY to Him. Any SUCCESS you have, is given to you by God, to advertise GOD. God lets you excel, so you can make Him known … to declare His glory.
Your BODY Is To Be Used For God’s Glory. 1 Cor. 6:19-20
• Sexual impurity doesn’t glorify God.
• Living to satisfy the flesh … doesn’t glorify God.
• Your body is God’s TOOL … maintain it … for His glory.
• Your body is God’s TEMPLE … respect it …dress it… for His glory.
That’s why God gave you a body … so He would get all the glory.
Your STRUGGLES Are To Be Used For God’s Glory
Everybody can relate to problems, trials, struggles, heartaches, tragedies … They are there for 1 PURPOSE … to bring glory to God. Psalm 50:15 (again) – “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”
John 9:1-3 – all turn. WHY was this man born blind? So that God might be glorified! See 9:35-38
• To THIS BLIND MAN, God said – “You will be born blind … for My glory.”
REMEMBER Lazarus? When Jesus heard that Lazarus was sick, He didn’t rush to their house. As a matter of fact, He waited a couple of more days – Mary & Martha couldn’t understand why Jesus waited . They were “me-centric”! Martha & Mary were broken hearted … weeping and crying. Their happiness wasn’t God’s priority.
• What do you think happened when Lazarus walked out of that tomb? They witnessed the glory of God.
• What do you think happened when the blind man came walking down the street without his white cane … greeting everybody? They witnessed the glory of God.
What do you think will happen …
• When people see you put your trust in God, in your struggles? God will be glorified.
• When people see how God sees you through your trials and testings … meeting your needs? God will be glorified.
• When people see your faith, in spite of your circumstances? God will be glorified.
Are people strengthened because of your struggles? Do they see the glory of God in your trials?
2 Cor. 4:17 – “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;” Compared to the glory that you will give to God … compared to the glory that you will receive in Heaven … it’s but a “light affliction”.
• In what you DO – Matthew 5:16 – “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
• In all your STRUGGLES – 2 Cor. 4:15 – “For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God.”
Remember … it’s not about you. It’s about how you can give God the most glory. Don’t waste any opportunity that God gives you … to give Him all the glory. The world doesn’t revolve around YOU … it revolves around GOD. It’s not about YOU … it’s all about HIM … giving God all the glory.
Don’t miss your opportunity to glorify God!